Welcome!


Welcome!

I so appreciate you finding your way here. May our association help both of us dive deeper into the healing currents of love's presence.

Let's begin with two songs of mine, Teach Me How To Love, and It Takes Courage. They will get you in the mood....

1. http://ia700404.us.archive.org/10/items/TeachMeHowToLove_725/01TeachMeHowToLove.mp3

2. http://ia700400.us.archive.org/4/items/ItTakesCourage/08ItTakesCourage.mp3

(sample more at www.scottsongs.com)


Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The Opposite of Terrorism: How to be an Emotional Philanthropist

Last week, a new friend of mine invited me over her house for an evening of bomb making.

You read that correctly.

When I arrived she had a big dining room table full of envelopes, construction paper, pens, crayons, glitter, stickers, scissors, and some delicious snacks as well. After some introductions and sharing of intentions, seven lighthearted change makers got to work. I provided the soundtrack, strumming and singing songs about the various notes that they were writing, decorating, and reading out loud.

She called it a Love Bomb Making Party. The idea was to hit the streets and be the opposite of terrorists, secretly planting the letter bombs in assorted locations (public bathrooms, the banana rack at supermarkets) for unsuspecting humans to pick up and get a detonated uplift while going about their busy lives.


The playfulness and colors on the envelopes made them look irresistible, and we held the intention that just the right person who needed the message would be the one to read it.

I myself got quite an energetic and emotional uplift from the evening. And I needed it.

Lately I had been participating in political conversations that have left me feeling like I’ve just eaten too much junk food for my emotional body.

I had been feeling sad about the latest waves of violence, especially the explosively violent divisive discourse my country is experiencing in its polarized presidential campaign.

The love bomb party reminded me of who I am, and what I campaign for.

I used to think I was a pacifist, but there is nothing passive about what I am about. I am an activist. A love activist, actively involved in the installation of a new planetary vibration of playful celebration that makes a sense of separation take a permanent vacation and installs the sexy sensation of emancipation from all sense of limitation.

You read that correctly.

What is the opposite of terrorism? A Course in Miracles says this: "The opposite of love is fear, but what is all encompassing can have no opposite.”  The word opposite implies an opposing force. There is no opposing, condemning, or fighting a war on terrorism without creating the next generation of terrorists.

What can be done, then? So much! We can go to areas of extreme poverty and distress and drop love bombs from drones and planes filled with food and love notes, hand written in the language of the people we are love bombing.  That’s just one idea. Our hearts are full of them.

Einstein said, "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Mother Teresa said “I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there.”

Jesus said, "Resist not evil.”

Scott Grace said, "Enough said! Let’s drop some love bombs."

I love my friend Gwen for being a love activist who did not nurture a sense of frustration or powerlessness back when that wave of pain involving the murder of unarmed men and policeman hit our hearts a few weeks back.

Instead, she threw a party. And handed out crayons.

If you also feel moved to light a candle instead of cursing the darkness, and want to join with others in doing so, Gwen Gordon leads a growing group of mischief makers committing random acts of play (RAPs) for a more loving, peaceful planet. The Love Bombs was our first RAP. There will be others.

If you want to be informed and possibly join the movement, connect up with Gwen declaring your intention at  Connect with Gwen
  

Scott Grace is wanted by authorities in the United States and many countries abroad. He has been accused of creating the peace, disturbing the status quo, and breaking and entering people's hearts and minds with love and levity. His subversive website, www.scottsongs.com is where to catch him.

No comments:

Post a Comment